Red over Red

Red over Red

Monday, October 11, 2010

Oh, Brave New World...

Still trying to navigate this world of electronic communication. Folks my age (forty-eight and holding) are in an odd place - the generation before was not raised with any of this stuff, and our kids don't know a world in which it did not exist. For folks like me, it all began to emerge in a big way while we were in our twenties. I can still recall my buddy Mike Berns' "portable" computer that he used to bring over to my apartment in Venice Beach, Los Angeles. He would put the floppy disk in and load DOS before he could load the word processing program. We would throw some brontosaurus steaks on the barbacue while we waited.

Anyway, the point is, folks of my generation are neither clueless nor are we completely at home in this virtual world. And so, like a visitor to a city with which I am sort of familier, I blunder forth.

I still have my web site, http://www.jameslnelson.com/, with information on my books, upcoming appearences and such. But I have to admit, this blogging thing looks like fun.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Blogsphere my love. Does this mean we'll spend even less time together??? LOL
    Love, Lisa (your wife)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, my original compaq computer is no longer with me (it became a doorstop, then a weapon), but I did succumb to a facebook account, where I blindly post pictures and posts to friends and family. Congrats on creating a blog-- very 21st century of you. Next up, I imagine is the James L. Nelson twitter account. I'm readying my Amazon account for the next book and I hope you and the family are well and readying for the Maine winter. (By the way, since I'm .mac not gmail I used my wife's account). Like you said, technology is hard.

    ReplyDelete